it’s giveaway day! or rather, giveaway week, which i gotta say, makes me SO happy! i really like the changes Sew Mama Sew has added this year. a whole week to visit blogs, and a set ending time? so awesome!
(Sew Mama Sew is facilitating hundreds of giveaways, you definitely have to go check it out. they have six separate lists, Handmade for the Home, Handmade Baby + Kid Items, Handmade Bags, Handmade Accessories, Sewing Supplies, and Other Craft Supplies (Non-Sewing). all the lists are organized with giveaways that allow international shipping first, and giveaways that are host country-only shipping second, which is super handy for those of us who aren't in the US.)
so hi! if you’re a new visitor, welcome, if you’re a regular reader, you already know that you’re loved, don’t you? but welcome to you too, in case you were wondering.
i’m amy dame, and this is glitter, vinyl and thread. i’ve contemplated changing the name, since i haven’t worked with vinyl in a while now, but who knows, i might find time to get back to it one day. besides, i hate thinking of names, i’m terrible at it. new guests and regular visitors might like to check out my "about me" page, over there on the right. it's kinda long, so feel free to skim. i tend to babble.
i do a lot of different things, but for the past year and a half, i’ve been obsessed with quilting. i’m on the exec for the Vancouver Modern Quilt Guild, and a member of the Fraser Valley Modern Quilt Guild, and i love it! i also do hand and machine embroidery, make clothing, and occasionally do more art focused pieces. i've been blogging here for more than 4 years now.
i also think it’s awesome that the Sew Mama Sew giveaways didn’t have to start on monday, because i’m obviously late. that’s really no surprise, but i have an excuse this time!
i’m away from home, again, halfway across the country, hanging out with my grandma. she’s been having some health issues, and shouldn’t really be alone, so i’ve spent much of the past 6 weeks here.
my sewing time has been limited, and my internet time has been even more so, so i totally forgot about the giveaway until blog posts started appearing in my inbox yesterday morning. i contemplated skipping it, but really, what’s the fun in that?
so i decided to sew up a set of coasters, which was the perfect excuse to use this kickass Alexander Henry xmas print that i picked up last month. i made a set of these last week for a swap, and when i made this set, i took a whole bunch of pictures, thinking that i might do a tutorial for them....
if you're interested. would you be interested in a tutorial? i guess you have to see what they look like before you decide, huh?
here's an action shot.
(disclaimer - the winner doesn't get my grandma's christmas mug, that was just a prop. you probably didn't want it anyway, but just in case...)
there are 6 hexagon shaped coasters. they each have a red linen hexie appliqued on the top, and cotton quilt batting to protect your furniture.
the backs are made up of the red linen, the green owl fabric, and a darker red Kona cotton.
wanna win them?
here's the rules!
* this giveaway is open INTERNATIONALLY! yay!
* you must post a comment on this thread to enter.
* the winner will be chosen via random generator, though i'll give you fair warning - if your comment is just something along the lines of "pick me!", the random generator might be chosing a different winner... cause that's boring. i know you're going to hundreds of blogs, but half the fun is looking around a bit!
* you don't have to become a follower or tweet or anything fancy like that to enter (though you could become a follower if you wanted to! or sign up for the handy-dandy e-mail feed! check back soon for another version of the coasters, and another giveaway for my birthday next week!)
* if you're participating in the Giveaway Day/Week and doing a giveaway yourself, leave me a second comment with a link to your giveaway. you get two entries because you're special!! yay!
* the giveaway is open until december 16 at 5pm PST
(the rules are almost exactly the same as the last giveaway, cause that worked!)
that's it! same as last time, leave me a comment about something fun... tell me what your last project was, tell me what you listen to while you're sewing/quilting/crafting/creating. tell me what you're excited about making next, what awesome book you just read, what new blog you just discovered, or what new fabric line you can't wait to order. tell me if you'd like a tutorial for the coasters! tell me what else you'd like to see a tutorial for. tell me something that'll make me glad that you stopped by. ;)