Thursday, January 20, 2011

Queensland Flood Appeal Auction

front

left angle

bottom corner

This auction is for a quilted pillow cover made of solid teal linen and cotton from Moda’s new line “Hoopla”. The cover is sized to fit a 16”x16” pillow snugly, it’s about 15” square.

The pillow shows two rows of bunting across the pillow, my very first paperpiecing design. The back is solid teal, with the exception of a short row of bunting in the bottom right corner. These bunting flags have been used as the quilt label, and one has my name and country machine embroidered on it, and the other states “Queensland Flood Relief Jan 2011”. There is a lapped zipper across the back of the pillow. The inside of the pillow is all tidy, with the outside edges serged to reduce ravelling, and all the patchwork edges hidden by an extra layer of fabric. For more info and pictures of the pillow cover, please see the blog post i made about it. Feel free to comment on that post even if you aren't bidding!

The pillow form is NOT included, because it’ll cost more to ship than it would to buy a pillow form. it's silly, i know.

Bidding will start at $30 (let’s say Australian to keep it simple). If you need to calculate the difference between Australian dollars and your currency, xe.com is quick and easy to use, but right now Canadian, US and Australian dollars are practically at par anyway.


You place your bid by leaving a comment on this blog post with your bid amount and email address. Please make sure that your bid is higher than the previous bidder. You might want to refresh your page after you comment, in case you posted at the same time as someone else.

Your bid must be in whole dollar increments.

This auction is open to EVERYONE, though an extra charge will apply if shipping is over $10 - $12 cdn (ie, if you want priority shipping, etc). If you happen to be local (Vancouver, Lower Mainland), we can arrange a meet up instead.



The auction begins NOW and will END at midnight PST on Monday 24th January 2011.

I will contact the winner via e-mail. If you do not have your e-mail address in your blogger profile, you MUST have it in your comment. You will pay the winning amount directly to the Premier's Flood Relief Appeal (they take international credit cards, but the charge is in Australian dollars, hence the bidding in Australian dollars) and forward me the proof of payment that they e-mail you or a jpg of the screenshot. If there is a shipping charge, you will paypal that to me. If payment is not completed within 24 hours, I will move to the bid below. That’ll suck, for me, but especially for the Flood Relief, since that bid will be lower. So please don’t suck, kay?!

Once payment is made, I will mail the pillow off to you via Canada Post.

Thank you for participating and happy bidding! Don't forget to to check out the master list at make it perfect, there are so many amazing things being auctioned off, and some awesome raffles too!

front angle

8 comments:

Amelia said...

Gorgeous! I'll get it started at $30

amy dame said...

awesome, thanks amelia!

ThirdMargaret said...

Okay!! I'll bid $40 for this most fabulous pillow cover! (Do Aussies also call it a cushion?)

Anonymous said...

I'll bid $35

amy dame said...

thirdmargaret, you have the winning bid!

but.... sadly, no e-mail address is associated with your blogger account.

i'm going to wait 24 hr hours, in case you check back here, but if i don't hear from you, i'll have to go to the bid below yours, by tiffany.

ThirdMargaret said...

Hi Amy! I am delighted to win your beautiful auction! I guess I didn't check the email box... I will zip over to the payment site and get right back with my receipt. In the meantime my email is:
3rdmargaret@gmail.com

ThirdMargaret said...

Alrighty, then! I have made my donation and my receipt # is 3234277. As soon as I hear from you I will forward the email receipt! THANK YOU so very much for participating.

amy dame said...

wonderful! i'll shoot you off an e-mail asap!

Related Posts with Thumbnails